Tuesday, September 17, 2013

More goals

I believe it is time for a new goal while I await the arrival of my new typewriter...

I am going to read a book and then blog about it. I choose The Spellman Files. I am a fan of mystery books. I just checked it out from the library, and it is supposed to be a funny mystery. So my next post will be about the book. I don't think it will be like a book review. I will read some of the book, write about my thoughts on it, read some more, write about that, and so on...So it will be kind of a different formula from reading a book and then writing or discussing it. My thoughts and reactions will unfold over time. And maybe, just maybe, this exercise will help me to write my novel. It will help me to think of how novels are written, what the reader thinks while they are putting a novel together, and how novels are divided up and read over time.

So here I go! Off to read The Spellman Files and report on what I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment